Skip to main content

Free Writing - Take 84

Thank you for the laughs, those who make me laugh. Today was a rough day. It's funny when you have to deal with people who are never wrong. I had to deal with this at work for years and I'm dealing with it again. I know people will say I'm speaking of myself, but the reality is, if you know me, you know I'm easily humbled, just throw a fact in once in a while. I've listened to a lot of people over the past few years and they all have excuses, as we all do. It's not healthy to always take the blame and it's not always healthy to blame. This I know and this is something none of us should fall victim to. Especially those who blame themselves. What amazes me though is when certain people are confronted and you watch them. There body language, their eyes, but most importantly what they react to. You could rattle off a laundry list of things they've done wrong, but watch what they react to most. If it's their real problem, you'll notice they become rigid. You can call someone every name in the book, but if you touch on that Achilles heal, you've figured them out. One person once hit that chord with me and the rest, well the rest was not something I'm proud of. What really troubles me though, is when the one thing that a person reacts to is the one that matters least. It shows where their priorities are and it also shows they don't value your opinion. Believe it or not, I've learned to pick my battles, but I also realize when the person defending themselves doesn't even try, because you don't matter to them as much as them simply ignoring the problem. What I love even more is when you tell someone something and they define a person without knowing them. When it's just that simple to tell something about someone by what they say, react or what comes out in their writing. Interesting that the people who mock this are the ones who are most transparent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her